Michael CoyleManaging Director, Finance
The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
Michael is currently the Managing Director and head of Financial Planning & Analysis at the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation. His responsibilities include all planning, forecasting, and management reporting for the organization, as well as oversight of the business unit CFOs. Michael has been instrumental in significant financial transformation at the firm, including enhancements to the budgeting, decision support and financial allocations process to assess product line profitability as well as led programs to reduce $100MM in operating expense across the enterprise. Prior to DTCC, Michael held various senior finance roles at Merck & Co, both in the US and abroad and he began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers working in their Philadelphia, London, and New York practices. Michael holds MBAs from Columbia University in NYC as well as London Business School, and has an undergraduate degree in business from LaSalle University in Philadelphia.
As finance organizations are under constant pressure to perform, comply, innovate and embrace the digital era, which behaviors and processes must CFOs develop across their teams to transform into a world-class finance organization? How do you develop a career progression plan to meet the needs of a modern finance workforce? How do you develop a performance culture and make diversity a fundamental part of your success? Our attendees will provide examples on how they are developing their teams and ensuring a successful pipeline for the future.
· Highlight the growing complexities of the role and the new demands of business partnering, strategic advisory and organizational leadership
· Recognize the characteristics of a strategic finance leader and learn how to upskill internal talent and develop career paths to move from transactional to consultative
· Discuss the impact of millennial talent - their needs, expectations and leadership styles- and how to ensure the right experiences and opportunities are available to the next generation
· Discuss the challenges of sourcing finance talent outside of the biggest cities
· Discuss the growing importance of diversity in the workplace
Seasoned finance executives understand that transformations are an iterative cycle, not a finite process. The role of finance will continue to evolve as organizations make greater strides to drive business strategy and growth. Leveraging a number of strategies and processes, hear how the DTCC is leading transformational enhancements to capabilities around budgeting, decision support and cost reduction. These efforts are consistently providing proactive, data-based, strategic and operational insights that help drive enterprise-level value creation.