Day One, Sunday, February 25, 2018
11:15 am - 12:00 pm Registration & Welcome Brunch
12:00 pm - 12:10 pm Orientation
12:20 pm - 1:00 pm Digital Finance: How Emerging Technologies Are Transforming The Role of FinanceKatherine Kerchner, VP & CFO Enterprise Business Services ,Lockheed Martin
The role of finance is and will be instrumental as companies and society shift to a digital world. During this session, attendees will hear how finance must evolve and transform the workplace (people, process, technology) to match the growth and transformation of the business. Kathy will provide examples on the use of digital automation to optimize the finance function of the future.
· Hear how RPA and AI can significantly enhance the efficiencies of finance
· Learn how data analytics are optimizing business decisions
· Recognize how the human workforce will keep an important role in a robotized process
Katherine KerchnerVP & CFO Enterprise Business Services
1:00 pm - 1:40 pm Panel: The New Role of Finance in The Execution of Growth StrategiesChris Abbott, SVP Finance ,US Foods Eddie Northen, CFO ,Rollins Inc. Peter Kuipers, EVP & CFO,Omnicell
The role of finance in today’s world is more challenging than ever and a value-adding finance organization must do more than just report numbers. It needs to be a valued business partner that provides metrics, insight, analytics and input in support of business strategies and decision making that lead to growth. These all come together to raise issues and highlight challenges related to a changed economic environment and provide guidance and solutions for business partners to consider. During this panel, our speakers will:
· Highlight key areas that demonstrate their growth strategy from mergers and acquisitions, to geographic expansion and organic growth
· Discuss the expanded skill sets required as finance becomes a strategist and change agent
· Look beyond ancillary data to make much more robust decisions
Chris AbbottSVP Finance
Peter KuipersEVP & CFO
Ignite One1:45 pm - 2:00 pm How Digital Checks Are Faster, More Secure, and Less Expensive than Paper Checks
If you are still sending paper checks, STOP! Checkbook will make your life easier with their Digital Checks, which are faster, more secure, and less expensive than the paper checks of yester-decade. Digital Checks enable Payors and Payees a seamless UI in disbursing payments. Payors can get set up with zero costs and in less than 1 hour; payees can receive their money without downloading an app, or creating an account. Checkbook can and has processed millions of Digital Checks in a day, and does so against the strictest of federal guidelines
Ignite Two2:00 pm - 2:15 pm "Blockchain is Getting A lot of Press Lately Especially in Supply Chain. How Should a CFO Be Looking At Blockchain Applications In Finance and Accounting?"
2:20 pm - 2:50 pm Business Meeting
2:50 pm - 3:20 pm Business Meeting
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Networking Break
4:20 pm - 5:00 pm Achieving Maturity With Financial Shared ServicesKelly Litster, SVP, Finance Shared Services Center,MGM Resorts International®
5:00 pm - 5:20 pm Protecting Innovation Through Strong Peer Networking: How Are CFOs Dealing With the Growing Patent Troll Issue?
Companies spend over $26B each year litigating and settling with Patent Assertion Entities (PAEs). This is money that companies are not spending on innovation, R+D, improved manufacturing, etc. Given the convergence of technology, this problem is getting worse over time particularly in the high-tech, Automotive, Media, Retail, Food, and banking industries.
· How are Fidelity, SAP, Google, Amazon, Logitech,J.C. Penny, Papa John’s, Netflix, Dropbox, Lenovo, Ford, JP Morgan Chase, Red Hat, and many others immunizing themselves from over 820,000 patent assets?
· Where are PAEs acquiring their assets and what type of assets are they buying?
· What can you do to save this expense in dollars and distraction?
5:20 pm - 5:35 pm Healthcare Cost Governance - No Longer An Option
There is a new frontier for HR, Finance and Shared Services leaders as it relates to healthcare expenditures. In this environment it’s critical to understand how data analytics and real-time error detection can reduce rapidly escalating healthcare costs. Join this discussion to talk about how an effective analytics and error detection application can save your organization hard dollars on healthcare spend by answering these questions:
What are the key metrics we employ to ensure our healthcare dollars are being deployed effectively and efficiently?
- How is our organization ensuring that our third party administrator is paying our medical bills accurately, only for eligible employees, spouses & dependents, and at rates at or below market value?
- Do we perform periodic “self-audits” (or better yet real-time) of our claim payments to assure our stakeholders that our healthcare dollars are being wisely spent?
- Are we harnessing data from prior medical claims, annual health assessments, and fitness trackers to proactively influence our employee’s health?
- What strategies are leading edge organizations, like GE, Boeing, Walmart, PepsiCo and others pursuing to optimize their healthcare spend?